9 September 2013

The Hibernation of Balls & Boots

Dear readers and fellow Football Museum enthusiasts

You've probably noticed that Balls & Boots hasn't been updated for over a year now.
To be fair an enthusiast website need its enthusiast enthusiastic and to make a long story short, I've been quite fed up with football to be honest.
I am passionate about heritage issues and my team ÖIS here in Gothenburg. It's just been troublesome to keep my own interest up in world football and football museums. And I just don't seem to find the time anymore, working and parenting.

Hopefully you can still use the Balls & Boots site as inspiration and encyclopedia.
Hope to get back soon though.

I've got a wee football museum project going on at the Gothenburg City Museum where I work.

All the best
Pontus

ps. The Balls & Boots email address is not checked regularly. Please email me at pontushw[at]gmail.com on any matter.

3 comments:

Chuck's Used Cards said...

It is easy to lose passion when one feels they are alone in the adventure.

Please do not give up on your museum. Time away is good, and may breathe new life into your passion.

Feel free to contact me.

Steve R. said...

For the winter coming, we do not wear them any more during the winter months. Keeping the custom painted shoes in their original shape is the most import step as the preparation. One method is to use a shoe tree or pack the toes of your canvas shoes with newspaper to help them retain their original shape. Also, keep in mind that your shoelaces will need to be replaced occasionally.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Great post thanks for info!

local football clubs