9 April 2009

Hartman Donates Record-Setting Gloves

Today we learn from the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Museum in the U.S that goalkeeper Kevin Hartman of Kansas City Wizards has donated his record-setting gloves and jersey after setting a record in the MLS with 1137 saves.

Hartman presented Hall of Fame Director of Museum and Archives Jack Huckel his game-worn jersey and gloves from the record setting match following the Sunday, April 5 Wizards’ shutout victory over San Jose, where Hartman extended his own record for career shutouts to a higher level. "I am excited that the Hall of Fame will place this jersey and these gloves on display,” Hartman said. “Every player dreams of being in the Hall of Fame. I don’t know if I’ll get elected, but a piece of my history is there and that’s very special to me. I look forward to visiting Oneonta in the future and seeing all the displays at the Museum.”

Hartman’s jersey and gloves will go on exhibition in the Hall of Fame MLS Display during the month of April.

No comments: